If you're like me, you have thousands or even hundreds of thousands of slides and negatives that have never been scanned. Well my good friend Jack Reznicki told me about this technique that he uses and I love it! Of course you need some basic essentials.
1. A very good quality Digital Camera on a tripod. I use the Canon EOS 5d Mark IV
2. Macro Lens or extension rings
3. Lightbox. Fortunately I've kept one!
4. Some kind of good holder to hold slides and negatives. I like the old portfolio viewers.
5. Black out cards to block extraneous light from the light table.
This is a very quick way to copy old images. I was really surprised how little post production, if any, that the images needed. This doesn't necessarily replace hi end digital scans, but if you have a camera like the Mark IV, it comes pretty darn close!
Here's some images of celebrities I've shot in the pre digital era that I had fun digitizing.
Commercial Photographer, Director, FAA Licensed Drone Pilot